Thursday, March 2, 2017

(ETEC 527) Week 7: Vanity Search (The Sequel)

Good Afternoon,

Well here I am, six weeks later, looking once again for evidence of my digital footprint to fulfill the 2nd Vanity Search assignment requirements for my ETEC 527 Web 2.0 Tech for Instruction class conducted on 2/27/2017.  For my investigation I will once again be using the search engines from Google, Yahoo, and Bing.  As before, I once again found personal information from these sources:

Whitepages.com, Texasmarrigerecords.org, Blogger.com, Orgsync.com, GISDprofessionallearning2015.sched.com, Arivify.com, Sortedbyname.com, and Ancientfaces.com.

*To see an accounting of each of these search results please see my previous Vanity Search blog entry from 1/21/2017 for details.

New Search Results:

ΓΌ           None, not a single new entry, not one even though I have added a new Blog Page, joined a class Wiki, and created new Google, Twitter, YouTube, Protopage, Diigo, and Kahoot! accounts.  The explanation however is very simple and deliberate.  Each of these accounts were created under my handle of Reemig67 instead of using my given name.  As I mentioned in my earlier post, “I’m a very private person without much a digital footprint” and I like my privacy.  I now enjoy the best of all worlds, I can enjoy the benefits of these Web 2.0 Tools without increasing my presence on the World Wide Web and, as an educator, now have an impressive arsenal of technology at my disposal which, when implemented, will drastically improve my instruction as I move forward in my teaching career.  I have left my comfort zone far, far behind but the payoff is that my lessons will now be more interesting, relevant, and engaging for my students.  In my book this is a win, win, win!    

*   Also, I searched again in vain for pictures, videos, news, etc… which may have been uploaded since this class began and again could find nothing.  Well, I shouldn’t say nothing.  I did find hundreds of pictures from my 2nd vanity search in Google, Yahoo, and Bing it’s just that none of them were of me, my wife, people we know, or anyone else related to me for that matter.  There was plenty of information, just none of it relevant.      

No comments:

Post a Comment